With the recent Supreme Court ruling against God’s definition of Marriage one would think the war was over–we lost. No way! In fact, it has only begun. This is not the time to retreat, but rather the time to go on the offensive. I’m convinced the only reason we have come to this point is because we remained on the defense too long. A defensive line can only be held just so long, until it eventually gives way to a more aggressive offensive force. In fact, Jesus taught us that He will build His Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it. Notice, it was the gates of hell that were on the defense, and the Church was on the offense! (Matthew 16:18)
So let the Church rise up and demolish the gates of hell, as the Kingdoms of this nation become, once again, the Kingdoms of our Lord and Christ!
Here’s what we must do:
1. Repent of our selfish, and self-centered ways
2. Find other believers who will join in developing prayer networks, and pray, pray pray!
3. Make up your mind to give yourself for a greater cause-the cause of Christ!
4. Be engaged and involved in the stewardship of this government “of the people,” however the Lord leads.
5 Be a witness. Yes, put a bumper sticker on your car; put a picture, a plaque, or something that will identify you as a Christian in your office or place of work. We may not all be called to be evangelists, but we are all called to be a witness. Let’s witness! No more shame, embarrassment or intimidation; time to be bold as lions and let your light shine.
6. Be informed and educated about religion and politics-the two things the enemy has always said you shouldn’t talk about. Make up your mind that if you only get a chance to talk about two things you will talk about Jesus and stewardship of our government. Refuse to be a “low information voter.”
7. Join with others who are committed to the cause of Christ. Be a card-carrying member of the New York Faith & Freedom Coalition. We need you. I can’t do this alone. Go on-line right now to www.nyfaithandfreedom.com., and join up with the best sacrificial gift you possibly can make, and join us for our monthly meeting on the 2nd Sunday night of each month for prayer and equipping.
I’m so grateful for the few who have helped support this work faithfully, but it has only been a few when it needs to be “many.” If you have not yet made a monthly pledge please do so right now. We are nowhere near meeting our budget. Please pray that the Lord will raise up people who have the resources to help us maintain an effective force for good against the well-funded forces of evil. The New York Faith & Freedom Coalition is a ministry of Marriage & Family Savers Ministries, a 501C-3 non-profit organization, so donations are tax deductible.
In closing, I would like to ask for your personal prayers for Penny, myself and our family. We seem to be experiencing a very challenging time, but we know the God who brought us this far will not let us down now, however we must persevere for the good of the next generation and for God’s glory!
We’re looking forward to sharing the Word the Lord has given us this year-wherever our ministry would be welcome. Pray that God would open more doors for this message. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3mVDzxPseg.)
“Remember the Lord who is great and awesome and fight for your brothers, your sons and you’re your daughters, your wives and your homes.” (Nehemiah 4;14b)